CNC Operator / Wood Machinist
Permanent Full-Time Position
Location: Wrexham, UK
Silverlining Furniture started in 1985 with a simple mission to create a company where designers and craftspeople could push the boundaries of furniture making through creativity and skill.
This is an exciting opportunity to take your previous skills to the next level and to work with a variety of materials, techniques, and a state-of-the-art CNC. Working with other teams and project managers you will create furniture that is truly exceptional and pushes the boundaries of what is possible.
With many iconic projects in America, Middle East, Europe, and Asia, Silverlining Furniture are seeking an additional CNC Operator to transform more of our ideas into reality.
Your knowledge and skills will be invaluable in making our furniture. working with our in-house laser, making, finishing, and leather teams, providing you an opportunity to develop some of the most innovative construction techniques and iconic furniture of today.
• An eye for detail and problem solving.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings.
• Experience of working with wood and ideally the use of traditional wood working machines.
• Ability to operate 3 axis 5 Axis CNCs to produce furniture components, jigs and fixtures required by production.
• Ability to machine furniture components, jigs and fixtures with precision and accuracy to an agreed production schedule and be systematic when working with high value items.
• Good communication and ability to discuss constructional details effectively.
• Ability to plan your work to meet overall project milestones.
• Awareness to maintain good stock levels and inform managers of any shortfall in levels.
• Proactively contribute ideas for improving practices and efficiency.
• Adherence to best practice and positively react to changing demands of the company.
• Ability to play ping pong.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and self-driven to take ownership of a project and work as part of a team.
• An interest in all aspects of CNC work including wood/metal milling and engineering.
• Willingness to learn new techniques and skills.
• Aspire to do something unique.
• Forklift truck – Where training has been undertaken. Loading and unloading items as required.
• First aid training – Where training has been undertaken. You may be required to administer first aid where necessary.
• Aspiration to be part of an award‐winning (Queen’s Award for innovation and exporting) bespoke, one‐off, and innovative furniture making company, making a difference.
• Training and development support with future career opportunities within Silverlining.
• Permanent, full-time.
• A working pattern of Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm) with the option to work flexible hours.
• Overtime opportunities available at an enhanced pay rate of time and a half.
• Company pension contributions (up to 6%).
• Health Shield Cash Plan (remuneration for benefits including dental cover, optician appointments, and health and wellbeing initiatives).
• Enhanced paternity and maternity pay.
• 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays which increases with length of service.
• Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
If you are looking for a new challenge, willing to learn and want to excel, then we would be very happy to hear from you.