Maintenance & Operations Assistant
Contract: Permanent Full-Time Position
Location: Wrexham, UK
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum (Depending on Experience)
Silverlining Furniture started in 1985 with a simple mission to create a company where designers and craftspeople could push the boundaries of furniture making through creativity and skill.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the maintenance team at the Wrexham based workshop to ensure that high quality standards are maintained on site and assist with the wrapping and packing process to deliver iconic projects to America, Middle East, Europe, and Asia. Silverlining Furniture are seeking a Maintenance and Operations Assistant to support the daily operations within the workshop.
• General external building maintenance ensuring the premises are well maintained and tidy.
• General internal building maintenance including legionella testing.
• Maintenance and cleaning of workshops and units as and when required.
• Stock control and stock check of materials, goods, and uniforms.
• Preventative maintenance checks including checking first aid boxes.
• Supporting with the ordering and stocking of office consumables.
• Organisation of storage units and containers
• Moving materials between workshops, containers, and units.
• Preparing for DHL deliveries.
• Preparing high value luxury furniture for exporting, including assembling crates, wrapping, and packing crates to a specified list.
• Preparing and loading materials for van runs.
• Flexibility to drive the company van as and when required.
• To support the cleaning company with daily tasks such as emptying bins.
• A motivated individual who can work well on their own or as part of a team.
• An eye for detail and aspires towards a high standard of presentation and cleanliness throughout the workplace.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Can achieve targets and meet critical deadlines.
• Personable and can communicate with various stakeholders.
• Aspiration to be part of an award‐winning (Queen’s Award for innovation and exporting) bespoke, one‐off, and innovative furniture making company, making a difference.
• Clean UK driving licence.
• Forklift Licence (can be provided).
• First Aid Training (can be provided).
Opportunities & Benefits:
• Training and development to support you through the next stages of your career to make the most of your talent.
• Permanent, full-time position.
• A working pattern of Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm) with the option to work flexible hours from your first day of employment.
• Overtime opportunities available at an enhanced pay rate of time and a half.
• Company pension contributions (up to 6%).
• Health Shield Cash Plan (remuneration for benefits including dental, optical and health and wellbeing initiatives).
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
• Increased holiday with length of service.
• Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.