Marquetarian and Laser Operator - Trainee or Experienced
This is an exciting opportunity to join our talented marquetry department team who are passionate about creativity, innovation, materials, and craftsmanship ‐ We call it ‘Making Magic’!
With many iconic projects in America, Middle East, Europe, and Asia we are seeking additional marquetarians to work in wood, veneers, straw, resin, leather, and shell. Training will be offered.
Your knowledge and skills will be invaluable in creating extraordinary marquetry through hand and laser cutting, inlaying multiple materials, dyeing, shading and etching woods, and resin casting, working with our in‐house design, finishing and leather teams, providing you an opportunity to contribute to some of the most innovative pieces of furniture made today.
• Ideally a good knowledge and handling of wood veneers and other materials cut by hand or laser.
• An eye for exceptional detail with good hand skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with our designers, other workshop teams, and project managers.
• Be able to plan your work to meet overall project milestones.
• An interest in design or a passion for craftsmanship and an ability to work on your own, or part of a team.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and self‐driven, taking ownership of projects and a willingness to learn new techniques and skills.
• Aspiration to be part of an award‐winning (Queen’s Award for innovation and exporting) bespoke, one‐off, and innovative furniture making company, making a difference.
• Training and development to guide you through your career and make the most of your talent.
• Permanent, full time, with opportunity to work flexible working hours.
• Competitive salary and generous pension.
• Option of overtime at time and a half.
• Health Shield benefit, discretionary bonus, and enhanced holiday with service.
If you are looking for a new challenge, willing to learn and want to excel, then we would be very happy to hear from you.